- Title: Congrats, My Ex!
- Cast: Ranee Campen, Vachirawit Chivaaree, Mahir Pandhi, Anahita Bhooshan
- Rating: 2.5
- Where to watch: Amazon Prime Video
Risa (Bella Ranee Campen), a struggling wedding planner, gets an unexpected opportunity when she has to organize the wedding of her ex, Arun (Mahir Pandhi), to his fiancée Monica (Anahita Bhooshan). To add to the complexity, she seeks help from another ex, Tim (Bright Vachirawit Chivaaree), whom she had ghosted. The film unfolds as the tangled relationships and quirky situations create chaos in Congrats, My Ex!.
- Impeccable Visuals: Bella Campen and Bright Vachirawit shine on screen, particularly when adorned in traditional Indian attire. The styling adds charm, even if it contradicts the premise of a struggling wedding planning business.
- Charming Thai Actors: The chemistry between the Thai actors, especially the dance sequence towards the end, provides heart-fluttering moments and visual appeal.
- Dysfunctional Screenplay: Despite the efforts of the cast, the screenplay falls short of creating an engaging narrative. Teasing and occasional comic relief struggle to alleviate the pressure of a disjointed plot.
- Unconvincing Moments: Some scenes, like a horse riding moment reminiscent of Bollywood, feel out of place and fail to contribute to the overall narrative.
- Bella Campen: Delivers a top-tier performance with expressive acting. Her dynamic with the team adds humor to the film.
- Bright Vachirawit: Plays to his strengths, portraying a notorious character. His limited dialogue may leave audiences wanting more, but he shines in a filmy scene.
- Mahir Pandhi and Anahita Bhooshan: Struggle to make their characters comical, often becoming stagnant in the flow of the story.
While Congrats, My Ex! attempts to blend Indian and Thai elements in a romantic comedy, it primarily caters to fans of the lead actors. The Bollywood-style dancing and grand Indian wedding settings have limited impact, and the cracks in the plot become evident. The film, despite good intentions, falls short of appealing to a broader audience and may not resonate with viewers looking for a cohesive and realistic storyline.
For fans of the actors and those seeking a lighthearted romance with a fusion twist, Congrats, My Ex! may offer moments of entertainment. However, it doesn’t achieve the fusion magic it aims for and might not be a mass-appealing cinematic experience.